Job Profile: Material Handler
|Job Title||Material Handler|
|Job Type||Full Time|
|Pay Type||Hourly with benefits|
Eden Equipment has been in business since 1978, but we are only just getting started. Combining a best-in-class legacy product with fresh acquisitions and new technology investments, as well as a recent relocation to Austin, TX has positioned our business for rapid and sustainable growth
We are looking for a highly organized and detail orientated Material Handler able run point on keeping our factory workstation fed with raw components and keep our loading dock clear of outbound finished goods. Should your move tickets, BOLs, and Manifests be framed as examples of perfect paperwork by US Customs? Do you wake up eager to call BS on freight carriers’ weight surcharges? Are you motivated by the number of pallets and containers you get moved each week? Then we want to work with you.
We are a rapidly growing manufacturer of industrial filtration products with a strong need for a logistics ninja as we scale operations nationwide and beyond. You will have responsibility at multiple Eden warehouse facilities in Austin, TX and all outbound commercial freight, outbound parcel shipments, as well as inbound logistics for both domestic and foreign procured components.
What we offer
- Climate controlled work environment (both our factory and primary warehouse)
- ERP Software Training (NetSuite)
- Opportunity to develop professional skills including vendor management, negotiations, and more
Duties & Responsibilities
- Maintains inventory by identifying, labeling, and placing materials and supplies in stock; recording location of inventory in Netsuite ERP.
- Locates materials and supplies by pulling and verifying materials and supplies listed on production orders and or Bill of Materials.
- Maintains In-process inventory at work centers by delivering materials and supplies.
- Documents materials and supplies disposition by recording units delivered and location of units.
- Accurately & timely picks and ships drop ship orders on daily basis
- Receives credit-return material and supplies from production by verifying materials and supplies code and lot number and quantity; placing materials in stock.
- Assist in preparing finished stock for shipment by identifying, pulling, packing, crating, loading, and securing product.
- Documents product shipment as required.
- Maintains material-handling equipment by completing pre-use inspections; making operator repairs as needed.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Maintain warehouse and perform housekeeping activities as required.
- Provide Inventory Control for Materials Warehouse by performing cycle counts of raw materials and consumables.
- Assist in Facilities and Preventive Maintenance functions as required.
- Provide Shipping & Receiving support and back up as necessary.
Skills & Qualifications
- Must be forklift certified
- Must have good organizational skills and work well with and in support of a team,
- Scheduling, analyzing information
- Good at dealing with complexity
- Time Management
- Process Improvement
- Safety Management
- Inventory Control
- Data Entry Skills
- ERP/MRP Working Knowledge
- Ability to handle exposure to high noise levels, and safely working around moving equipment.
- Standing, walking, reaching overhead, bending, twisting, pushing, pulling, grasping, stooping and lifting up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to move rolling carts of varying weights.
- Works closely with Production Supervisor, Production Planning, Shipping and Sales teams.
- Significant vendor interface (Shipping partners, packaging vendors, etc.)
What can we build for you?
Whether it's filtering millions of gallons in a critical industrial application or keeping pools & spas crystal clear, our customers trust Eden to keep their businesses flowing. Reach out and let us know how we can help you fully realize your next project.Contact us for more info