Job Profile: Production Tech II - Vessels
|Job Title||Production Tech II - Vessels|
|Current Job Holder||New Hire|
|Manager||Vessel Group Lead|
|Immediate, Temporary Successor||Tech I|
|Eligible for Employee Referral Program||Yes|
Eden Equipment is looking for a highly motivated Vessel Tech II, to join our Vessel Fabrication Team. Eden Excel engineered the first FRP filtration vessel over 40 years ago and today continuous to lead the industry in quality, performance, and long-term value. Eden Vessels are used all over the world in many industries; chemical plants, hotels, and national parks.
Our integrated FRP filtration vessels are built to last and engineered to clean. Every detail matters when assembling these filtration systems because they are built to handle the most challenging industrial applications and caustic conditions.
Do you enjoy doing quality work? Do you like to learn the technical side of things? Do you strive to complete work on time? Then you are the right person for Eden.
We are a growing manufacturer of industrial filtration products with a strong need for talented individuals to help us continue building the best FRP Vessels in the world.
This job will provide personal growth, exposure to new industrial sectors, with incentives for meeting our KPIs.
What we offer
- Climate controlled work environment (both your office and production facility)
- ERP Software Training (NetSuite)
- Access to Sr. leadership in a fast-paced, small-business environment
- Opportunity to develop professional skills
- Process oriented manufacturing that complies with ISO 9001 requirements
Job Summary & Key Accountabilities
Assembles Pressure Vessels to meet drawing requirements. Mixes fiberglass according to manufacturer's specifications for use in assembly. Uses power tools to cut and grind fiberglass. Follows production priorities set by the Vessel Group Lead. Reads and understands mechanical engineering drawings to determine size and configuration of pressure vessel. Communicates effectively with co-workers.
Works safe and maintains a clean manufacturing environment by keeping workstations neat and well organized. Sets a good example of safety for other shop and warehouse personnel. Promotes and practices continuous improvement through collaboration with co-workers on improving overall process efficiency.
Best practice oriented: Follows company best-practice processes to ensure Manufacturing Operations are accurate, repeatable, and dependable. Achieves production performance metrics (efficiency, quality, safety, throughput, and costs). Ensures quality standards are being met throughout the entire production process and works towards no defects from leaving a station or team area. Eden operates a production strategy of high throughput and lean WIP with the goal to keep lead-times low.
Consistent, on time and regular attendance is essential to maintain the production schedule. Our factory currently operates a single shift (Monday thru Thursday, 7:00am – 3:30pm and Friday, 6:00am – 2:30pm) with opportunities to expand.
This position requires regular use hands and limbs to handle and reach physical objects on industrial racking both from the ground as well as from OSHA approved ladders and mechanical/hydraulic lifts. Regularly lift and/or move objects 10-50lbs and occasionally lift and/or move objects that weigh more than 50 lbs. with mechanical assistance such as pallet jacks and forklifts. Frequently required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. On your feet most of the day. Exposure to moderate noise levels from machines and compressors.
Specific vision abilities required for this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust and focus.
Associates degree in technical discipline or high school diploma with equivalent experience.
- 1–2 years fiberglass experience preferred. Able to read and interpret assembly drawings and work instructions. Sufficient math ability to calculate proper dimensions and specifications.
- Must have experience with power tools such as jig-saws, drills, grinders, sanders, and circular saws. Ability to use hand tools including but not limited to rulers, tape measure, calipers, micrometers, screwdrivers, tee square, machinist square, wrenches, pliers and a variety of saws, lifts, etc.
- Energetic & Self-motivated
- Strong Communication Skills
- Organization and Time Management Skills
- Attention to detail across multiple areas of focus
- Capable of completing tasks in a precise and timely manner
- Able to multitask and work independently
- Reports to Vessel Group Lead
- Works closely with Production Planning, Logistics/Material Handling, and Quality teams
What can we build for you?
Whether it's filtering millions of gallons in a critical industrial application or keeping pools & spas crystal clear, our customers trust Eden to keep their businesses flowing. Reach out and let us know how we can help you fully realize your next project.Contact us for more info